facebook pixel

Victorian Gas Concessions

If you’re having trouble paying your gas bill, you are on a low income and you live in Victoria, you may qualify for a concession or a discount through the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing.

Winter Gas Concession

The Winter Gas Concession provides concession card holders with a discount of 17.5% off gas usage and service costs during the winter period – 1 May to 31 October – each year.
Details can be found here.
It does not apply to the first $62.40 of the six-month winter bills – this is covered by the Energy Supplement (see below).
If your gas bill is over the
prescribed amount
in the winter period 1 May to 31 October – each year, you will need to apply for the Excess Gas Concession (see below) to continue to receive a concession on your bill.

Your details


Concession details


By ticking the boxes below


Excess Gas Concession

Concession households with gas bills over the
prescribed amount
(approximately double the average household amount) during the winter period (1 May – 31 October) will need to apply for the Excess Gas Concession to continue to receive the 17.5% concession on gas consumed above this amount
To enquire about the excess gas concession
please contact us.

Eligibility for Winter Gas Concession and Excess Gas Concession

To be eligible for these concessions, you must hold at least one of the following concession cards:
  • Pensioner Concession Card
  • Health Care Card
  • Veterans' Affairs Gold Card
If you receive the Life Support Concession and/or the Medical Cooling Concession, you will be automatically eligible to receive the Excess Gas Concession.
Call us on 1800 750 750 and we can check your concession card details with Centrelink and apply the concession to your bill if you are eligible.

Energy Supplement

The Australian Government provides eligible cardholders with compensation towards energy costs, including the Energy Supplement. The amount you get depends on when you became eligible and which payment and services you get from the Australian Government.
You don't need to apply for Energy Supplement. The Australian Government will include it with your regular payment if you are eligible.