Gas Safety Information
Gas use is well regulated, and incidents are rare.
However, there are important things to remember whenever you’re using gas.
- If you smell gas, trust your instincts and don’t ignore it.
- We strongly recommend you only use licensed gas fitters for all installation, servicing, maintenance and removal of gas appliances.
For a list of Solstice preferred gas fitters please get in touch.
- Always make sure rooms are well ventilated. Gas is lighter than air and if there is a leak it will normally dissipate through natural ventilation.
- Don’t use appliances designed for the outdoors inside your house.
- Don’t remove safety devices or guards from appliances.
- Make sure your appliances are regularly cleaned and any waste is removed.
- Don’t use flueless appliances in confined, poorly ventilated areas.